The Charm of Bavaria ~ In The Heart of The Blue Ridge Mountains! Helen is best known for its annual Oktoberfest festivities, when revelers dress in traditional attire, lederhosen and dirndls, while dancing to the polka and enjoying German food and drinks.
- Trip Includes
Oktoberfest In Helen 4-Day/3-Night Adventure / Oct 10-13, 2022 / Double $949.00 p/p / Single $1325.00 p/p / Triple $845.00 p/p
The Charm of Bavaria ~ In The Heart of The Blue Ridge Mountains!
We have had a lot of requests to put this Oktoberfest trip to Helen, GA together for our guests. Helen is best known for its annual Oktoberfest festivities, when revelers dress in traditional attire, lederhosen and dirndls, while dancing to the polka and enjoying German food and drinks.
A bustling alpine village set against a scenic backdrop of mountains, forests and river banks, you’ll feel as though you’ve been transported to the cobblestone streets of Germany’s famed Bamberg or Lindau as colorful shops dot the landscape and the heavenly aroma of authentic German fare takes to the breeze.
If you don’t already know about Helen and it’s quaint German Landscape you can learn and see more at... www.helenga.org
This will be a very popular trip that will sell out fast so be sure to get your reservations in early!
Lots of Tours & Attractions On This Trip! Babyland General Hospital, Nora Mill Granary, Habersham Winery & Antique Mall, Old Sautee Store, Folk Pottery Museum & Art Gallery, Hardman Farm, Fred’s Famous Peanuts, Anna Ruby Falls, and 52nd annual Oktoberfest!
Day 1 – Monday, October 10, 2022
- Depart for Helen, GA (602 miles).
- Upon arrival in Helen, Check-in Hampton Inn, 147 Unicoi Street
- Dinner on own this evening.
Day 2 – Tuesday, October 11, 2022
- Deluxe continental breakfast included at hotel.
- Full day tour of Helen and the surrounding area, to include Babyland General Hospital (home of the Cabbage Patch babies), Nora Mill Granary, Habersham Winery & Antique Mall, Old Sautee Store & surrounding shops, Folk Pottery Museum & Art Gallery, and Hardman Farm.
- Visit the Cabbage Patch Kids' Southern-Style, antebellum home in the Georgia Mountains. Artist and Creator of the Cabbage Patch Kids, Xavier Roberts, continues to work on the gardens and landscape surrounding the beautiful 70,000 square foot columned home on 650 acres in the mountains. The roots of the Cabbage Patch Kids stem from the art of needle sculpture combined with the art of quilting in the Appalachian Mountains. An archive display shows the evolution of the hand-stitched babies that are valued from $15,000 to $30,000. Original Cabbage Patch Kids continue to be hand-stitched to birth in Cleveland, GA.
- Nora Mill Granary was built in 1876 on the banks of the Chattahoochee River, 2 miles south of Helen on Hwy. 75. Today at Nora Mill, the original, 1500 pound, 48" millstones that labored in 1876 still turn and grind the grains sold there. They offer such old-fashioned staples as Stone Ground Grits, Coarse Ground Cornmeal, Biscuit Mix, Gravy Mix, Porridge, Whole Wheat Flours, Bread & Muffin Mixes, and many more. Be sure to visit our gift store, "Nora Mill Next Door, " with thousands of new items, including old fashioned candies, Lodge cast-iron cookware, speckled enamelware, Burt's Bees products, cookbooks, and a large kitchen built exclusively for cooking samples, and many more gourmet foods and country store novelties.
- Habersham Winery has been producing award winning Georgia wines since 1983 and is one of Georgia's oldest and largest wineries.
- The Old Sautee Store is a Georgia Landmark built in 1872, and still retains the rustic reminders of days gone by with its original general store museum. You’ll also find barrel candy, fine foods, samples of our famous Swedish Farmer Cheese, gifts and accessories for the home and cabin, jewelry featuring Baltic Amber, and apparel for men and women from Columbia Sportswear, Woolrich, Life is good, and more (lunch on own at market).
- The Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia showcases the handcraft skills of one of the South’s premier grassroots art forms and explores the historical importance and changing role of folk pottery in southern life.
- Hardman Farm & The Sautee Nacoochee Indian Mound. The gazebo-topped mound and cow pasture is a favorite landmark in north Georgia with exceptional ties to Native American history. Also included is a guided house tour of the 18th-century parlor, original lighting, and interesting telephone and climate control system. Visitors will also see the bedroom belonging to Anna Ruby Nichols, the namesake of nearby Anna Ruby Falls. Guests will learn how milk was processed and transported, plus they will see a spring house and former horse barn. The tree-lined road leading from the Visitor Center to the house is a remaining portion of the historic Unicoi Turnpike. This 200-mile road went from Toccoa to western North Carolina and eastern Tennessee. It began as a buffalo trail, then a Native American trading route.
- Dinner included at Hofbrauhaus Restaurant.
Day 3 – Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Deluxe continental breakfast included at hotel.
- Half day tour of Helen and the surrounding area, to include Fred’s Famous Peanuts, Anna Ruby Falls, and Unicoi State Park Lodge (with buffet lunch included there).
- Fred’s Famous Peanuts. The roadside country store of Fred’s Famous Peanuts opened its doors almost 30 years ago. In 1982, Fred and Dianne Jenkins started selling boiled peanuts in front of their home which is still located next to “Fred’s Famous Peanuts”. Through the many years, they created recipes and developed all the homemade products that the store sells today.
- Anna Ruby Falls. These beautiful falls are located in the Chattahoochee National Forest and are readily accessible with a half mile hike along a paved footpath. The water cascading over the drop offs is created by two creeks. The Curtis Creek falls drop 153 feet and the York Creek falls are a much shorter but still spectacular 50 feet. The water at the bottom of the falls is then considered to be part of Smith Creek which flows into and forms Smith Lake – the centerpiece of Unicoi State Park.
- Lunch included at Cowboys & Angels, located right in the heart of downtown Helen.
- Tonight we join the 52nd annual Oktoberfest in downtown Helen. Join the longest running Oktoberfest in the United States! German-style bands from around the country and around the world play on the stage for your listening and viewing pleasure. See the Alphorns blown, the Cowbells rung, and the Accordion squeezed.
- Dinner included at the Festhalle.
Day 4 – Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Deluxe continental breakfast included at hotel and then depart for home.
• • • • • • • • • •
To Book Your Fun Trip With All Around, You Need To Call Our Tour Office Mon-Fri 9:00am to 4:00pm at... (941) 488-9393
On the day of your trip we have several Pick-Up Locations throughout Manatee, Sarasota & Charlotte Counties for you to drive to and park your car. We will pick you up at one of these locations and drop you back off there when your tour has ended. You can pick the location that is most convenient for you.
Pick-Up and Drop-Off times Vary based on your destination and we will give you those times when you call to book your fun All Around tour!
- Round Trip Motorcoach Transportation
- Accommodations for 3 nights
- 6 Meals: Including three deluxe continental breakfasts, one lunch, and two dinners.
- Tours and Attractions
- Local guide while in Helen